In an effort to adapt a healthier lifestyle, I read the Code Revolution. Most of the book is testimonials, which gets a little old after a while. It is not a real scientific book, however, it is easy to understand and follow. Currently I already adapt some of these ideas. The diet choices are based on more of a keto diet. Here is the list:
- Sleep 7-8 hours – sleep is so important to live well
- Drink at least one gallon of water per day – this is very hard to do. Her concept is water is important to flush your body, and it helps to you not be hungry. I am not sure if I totally agree with this. Is a half gallon good enough? Can your drink other liquids? I think I will try to drink more water, drop me a note if you do this.
- Weigh yourself every morning – I used to do this in the past. I felt like I was a slave to the scale. Her reasoning is by weighing yourself everyday, you can correct your diet if you see a weight gain after a few consecutive days.
- Don’t eat past 6:30pm – I do agree with this. I do agree with intermittent fasting. I currently try to eat only 2 meals a day. Eating past 6:30p is sometimes hard to do, but I notice I sleep better and feel better when I do not eat in the evening.
- Weigh, measure and log all the food you put in your mouth – this one I have tried to do in the past. It is such a pain. I know it can be beneficial to losing weight, but I really hate to be a slave to writing everything down. I want a nutrition plan my body craves without having to track everything. Life is too short to write down everything I eat.
- Keep the junk out of your house – so true. Make a decision not to buy junk. Try not to bring it into your house. The worst is if someone gifts you food. You can always re-gift the food or bring to work.
- Follow her food list. I think if you just follow a few things on her avoid list, you will see results Basically no processed food, no sugar. Also limit the grains you eat more. Her diet list is basically a keto diet.
I think I will try to do some of these changes in my lifestyle and see if they fit. I am in the process of reading more nutrition books. More reviews to come.
I have a YouTube Channel and will soon be adding more videos. Here is one I made for those times you need a quick workout after a walk.